A republican recently commented that, should Obama not get re-elected, the bad thing was that whomever takes over will have a much bigger mess on their hands than Obama was handed.
I thought to myself, how can you POSSIBLY say that with a straight face?!!! If anyone reading this agrees with that comment, let me just refresh your memory for a second, ok? Here goes:
- Lehman Bros,
- Fannie Mae,
- Freddy Mac,
- Losing 800,000+ jobs per month,
- Huge deployment in Iraq with no possibility of an end for years ahead, costing thousands of lives and billions of dollars for? Helping Iran?
- Tight restrictions on stem cell research
- Osama bin Laden calling the shots from Pakistan,
- Our getting slaughtered in Afghanistan,
- GM and Chrysler sinking,
- Deficits doubling each year (except the first couple - which was saying goodbye to the surplus), as Dick Cheney famously says, "Deficits don't matter",
- The entire world hating us,
- Torture of prisoners of war (widely believed to have helped Al-Qaeda recruit soldiers),
- Response to Hurricane Katrina
- Cheney's secret meetings with oil execs,
- Leaking information about CIA agents by White House staff ...
- And on and on, but above all else:
- Ignoring multiple warnings from the Clinton administration about intelligence they had received on Al-Qaeda!
Considering the republican's deliberate attempts to prevent the recovery of the economy, or anything else for that matter, keeping millions unemployed - all because of their selfish effort to regain the White House, and perhaps their dislike of the president, I think Obama has been outstanding. If the Tea Party Republicans can be unseated and we can mandate an end to republican filibustering in the senate, I have no doubt our country can begin to thrive once again.